I recently moved into a new flat, and so I got a new set of keys to get into the building. This time, both of them are the flat key type rather than the mixture of types I had previously. This gave me an idea.
In the past, I’ve seen people on EDC websites use all sorts of key organisers, and I thought I’d give it a go. There are a lot out there – so I’d recommend having a good look around, but I decided that the KeySmart would be a safe choice for me. I only have two keys and I am not too worried about having anything super hard-wearing like titanium.
With the KeySmart you get two scales, a number of washers (depending on which model you get), a loop for attaching to other keys, and screws to hold it all together.
I’ve only had it set up like this for a few weeks now, so I haven’t found out if there are any other issues (for example, I never want it to come apart and lose my keys). But in the time I’ve had it, I have been very happy.
I’m not in a rush, but I have been tempted to get some keys with a black finish cut especially for this. Think that would look good?
- Way cooler than normal keys, obviously
- Great for avoiding the jingle when running
- Super slim profile and feels good in the hand
- The Utili-Key I used to keep with me doesn’t really work
- Lack of jingle means I have to really check I have my keys on me
- Not as speedy for one handed use, but ok